Mindfulness-based Emotional Intelligence for Teachers
Teaching is one of the most rewarding professions, but it can also be one of the most stressful. A YouGov survey commissioned by an education charity in 2017 found 75% of teachers in the UK reporting symptoms of stress – including depression, anxiety and panic attacks – compared with just 62% of the working population as a whole.
83% of education staff surveyed have considered leaving the profession (ATL, 2016)
Teacher wellbeing is the key to school success and our Mindfulness-based Emotional Intelligence Teacher workshops are designed to enable teachers to develop three important skills – increased work performance, resilience and the ability to create the conditions for happiness. We discuss ways to manage stress and anxiety with practical strategies for developing strong self-awareness and self regulation. We also offer tools and techniques to build rapport and respect with each child and inspire them to flourish socially, emotionally and academically.
Our aim is to improve the emotional well-being of teachers resulting in improved teaching and student outcomes.
This three hour workshop includes–
- What is emotional intelligence and how to develop it
- How to manage triggers and reactions through mindfulness
- Developing a stronger sense of self-efficacy
- Using motivating language to improve rapport & build confidence
- Techniques for converting negatives to positives
- Effective and constructive feedback
- Understanding different learning styles
- How health can impact happiness and productivity
If you are interested in learning more about Universal Mindfulness for Teachers, please Contact Us.
Click here for additional information around NLP and Mindfulness in education.